Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

My son is being charged with cruelty to his pit. he was

Customer Question

my son is being charged with cruelty to his pit bull. he was homeless for awhile . when he and the dog came to stay with me the dog stopped eating and started some bizarre behaviors. she got loose one night and was picked up by the dog warden. she had been in a fight with a skunk and looked pretty bad. her nails were long and she looked pretty shabby, and skinny from not eating. they are refusing to return his dog. he is bipolar and the dog is his therapy and he is very anxious without her. can you offer any advise?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location. Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Ohio. only the charges against my son
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is***** give me a few minutes to review, analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

Expert:  Maverick replied 1 month ago.

I will let another expert with more experience in this area try to assist you on this.