Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney
Experience:  29 Years In General Practice,
68197583

I bought a golf cart from a lady who is married and have a

Customer Question

I bought a golf cart from a lady who is married and have a bill of sale. The husband now wants it back and is threatening legal action of grand theft against me.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Florida
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: as far as what? I have a bill of sale from the lady who signed it plus a copy of the cashed check
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Expert:  Attorney2 replied 8 months ago.

Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. I will be the Attorney that will be assisting you.

Seriously that is crazy talk. The wife provided you with a bill of sale and took your money. If the husband would like to sue someone it should be his wife.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
They are getting divorced yet the sale of the golf cart took place when they were not
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Did you get my follow up comment

This man cannot harass you or threaten criminal charges against you. Is this a golf cart that would be considered a low speed motor vehicle and require registration?

Their marital status is not the issue here. Although this clearly is personal to the husband.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Just a golf cart and no title. He has been harassing me via email and my wife via text and phone.

First and foremost you did nothing illegal. There is nothing criminal here at all.

You may wish to contact law enforcement and let them know that this person is harassing you.

Further, I can provide a link for Attorneys in your area that provide FREE legal consultations so they can send a cease and desist letter on your behalf if this becomes necessary. Where in Florida are you located so I can provide you with a link so you can have some peace of mind?

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter as it would be my pleasure to assist you.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my time and work I would appreciate it.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO PROVIDE A NEGATIVE RATING TO RECEIVE A REFUND.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Panama City beach, FL

Give me one moment please.

Thank you for using JA. We appreciate your business.

The attorneys do not receive credit for their work unless the customer rates them positively. If you would be kind enough to rate me positively so I will receive credit for my work I would appreciate. If you were unhappy let me know so I can request a refund for you.