Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I am working with Client S...through Prime Vendor C and

Customer Question

Hi I am working with Client S...through Prime Vendor C and other Vendor K. Client S changed the prime vendor ship From C to A. During this contract A removed K maid direct contract with my employer. But my employer signed NDA with K that he can't place me with same client with any other channel . Even the Vendor K making my payments also very delay from the beginning.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: NJ
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I hope no
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If your employer has a NDA with K and K is no longer involved in this relationship, your employer is bound by their contract with K and even if S or A want you to work for them, the employer's contract with K would still prohibit it and in that case if you did go back to S or A, K could sue your employer for breach of contract and can sue S or A for interfering with contractual relations for hiring you contrary to the NDA that was signed between your employer and K.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your quick response. But in the same NDA form they said that they will make monthly invoice with 45days delay. They are also not obeying what they agreed for. And more over my employer and I informed that I placed through K. Prime vendor A was not interested to go with K and made direct contract with my employer. Still my June payments are pending with K as per 45days it will be ended on 8/6/16. Pls help me on this.It's been 3 yrs that I am with K.
Thank you for your reply.
I understand, but just because they are breaking one clause of the contract does not invalidate the NDA. So the NDA operates independent from the other clauses of the contract. K would have to release the NDA to have your employer allow you to continue and if they do not do so, then your employer, the new company and you could be sued for violation of that contract.