Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I have a contract to buy a trailer from Terra Vista Estates.

Customer Question

I have a contract to buy a trailer from Terra Vista Estates. I am the only one who signed it. it was sent by fax to the phoenix office but I have never received a copy signed by anyone else. Is it a legal contract?
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the mobile home?
Customer: Tucson az I believe 1073...let me look/
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: i am filing a complaint with the dep. of housing over an electric dispute. also they put the trailer in the tax assessers office as me being responsible for taxes and they owed 3 years back taxes/ Jill Yager is a notary and i wouldn't put it past her to get a back dated signed contract copy sent to me after the dep of housing contacts them. i just want out.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i cant think of anything but if you guys want to call you can.(###) ###-####
Expert:  Ely replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

On this website, I do not always get to give good news, and this is one of these times. The answer is yes - it is a legally binding contact. The fact that it was done by fax does not matter - this is allowed and still legally binds the signing parties. Even if you do not have a copy of the final contract, the contract is still binding (normally the seller would give you a copy if you ask). This is true if the matter was faxed to another state.

Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I need to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved for experts who are rude or for erroneous information. Please rate me on the quality of my information; do not punish me for my honesty.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.