Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

My cousins wife died. He is in addiction recovery. We can

Customer Question

My cousins wife died. He is in addiction recovery. We can not find her will. If we can not find the will, what is next? The only relatives he has is 4 cousins.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location. Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: PA
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that i can think of
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

If you never find the will then the estate passes according to "intestate succession" which is a complicated line of succession determined by the legislature and set up in the code. However, you would first want to visit with a local lawyer and go over the assets and debts and see if a less complicated form of probate is possible. In addition, the lawyer can go over some ways to possibly locate the "lost" will.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered.