Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.
18215332

I have a live-in girlfriend that I need to evict from my

Customer Question

I have a live-in girlfriend that I need to evict from my house in DE. How do I go about getting her out?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Delaware
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: As far as what?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am being charged with "offensive touching" from an altercation
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 2 months ago.

Good morning and thanks for using JUST ANSWER. I'm sorry to hear that you're having such problems with this lady. The home is in your name, so she is an invitee as long as you wish her to remain. She is technically not a tenant. You will have to file a formal eviction suit with the local small claims court. I suggest sending her a formal letter telling giving her five days to move out before filing suit. The notice cam contain the reasons for the demand. End of a personal relationship would be your reason. This information might be useful. I am not recommending that you buy any services or documents from the website. https://www.evictionresources.com/delaware-eviction-process/

I hope that I have provided excellent service and, if so, would love a 5 star rating. If not, please let me know how I can further assist you. There is no additional charge to you for rating me. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.