How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lucy, Esq. Your Own Question
Lucy, Esq.
Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 29282
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Lucy, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What type of attorney do I hire for a civil lawsuit? I

Customer Question

What type of attorney do I hire for a civil lawsuit? I initially filed a complaint through small claims but the defendant has now requested a transfer to civil court. Now I need an attorney and don't know where to start...
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 8 months ago.


I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear about your dilemma.

What type of case is it? There are many types of civil attorneys.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

It involves a breach of contract that my ex and I signed after our divorce decree was signed by the court. We signed a new agreement pertaining to the house we owned while married.

Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 8 months ago.

Thank you.

In that case, you're looking for a general litigation attorney that mentions breach of contract. It would also probably help to have someone with experience in family law, even though this isn't a family law case anymore.

Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 8 months ago.

Do you have any other questions about this?