Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer

Case 26 I tried to login into my account and suddenly i get

Customer Question

Case 26
I tried to login into my account and suddenly i get a message that password ***** ***** after trying to reset the password ***** still got the same message so I called amazon and they talk me that the account is suspended and that I should email***@******.***
After emailing. I got the following response :
We reviewed your account and the information you provided, and we have decided that you may not sell on Due to the nature of our business, we do not provide details on our investigation methods.
If we determine that a seller account was used to engage in fraud or other illegal activity, we may permanently withhold payments. Therefore, we do not plan to transfer any funds to you.
Seller Performance Team
There is merchandise at FBA worth close to 50.000$ and I am denied complete access to the account .
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 month ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened.

Did they tell you anything else at all about why the account was suspended? Did you specifically ask about your inventory when you emailed/called them?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
They are not giving me any other information

Thank you.

If they're claiming that the items sold are counterfeit, then they will destroy them and not return them to you. You'd have to file a lawsuit against Amazon for conversion (which is the civil equivalent of theft), then file a Motion for Temporary Restraining Order, asking the judge to STOP them from destroying the items before a trial is held. But that only works if you know that's why they're holding your items, and there are other reasons. if the items are real, but you're not a licensed reseller, they really don't have authority to keep the items from you. You'd be able to sue for Breach of Contract and ask that they be required to return the items.

It is possible to file a lawsuit alleging multiple causes of action, but it may help to try to get more information first. You may want to have a local attorney send them a subpoena, requiring them to disclose the contents of your file. I don't think a judge would grant them a protective order in this scenario, so they'd need to answer.

Look through your agreement with Amazon. There's probably a clause in there stating which state's laws govern, and you might be required to sue in a specific state. So that's your starting point. You'd want a lawyer licensed in that state.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have all the information needed to show that the merchandise is authentic. Can you recommend some that would write them a letter for me?

We're unfortunately not allowed to make specific recommendations. A good place to find someone is

Please rate my answer positively to ensure I get credit for the time I spend helping. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
can you write me a letter to send them ?

That would unfortunately be considered representation, which is prohibited by the terms and conditions of this site and state law. JustAnswer experts are only able to provide information about how the law might apply to a given set of facts. Again, a local attorney can help with this if Amazon won't at least tell you why they closed the account and when your inventory will be returned.

Do you have any other questions about this?