Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

I am a victim of domestic violence and have gotten a Notice

Customer Question

I am a victim of domestic violence and have gotten a Notice to Quit and threat of eviction if I have not moved by October 5th. I do not have the means to move.I heard that it was illegal to evict a victim of domestic violence. Do I have a case and how do I find a lawyer
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Stacy Adkins replied 1 month ago.

Hello, thanks for your question. I'm Stacy. I'm sorry to hear about this situation. When you say you are a victim of domestic violence, do you have a protective order in place? Did you just call the police to report it and the responded to your home? What are the circumstances which lead to your landlord giving you notice to quit? Did the landlord provide any reason why he was asking you to vacate?