P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs. of trial experience
11181181

I was in a relationship with a guy from different religion

Customer Question

Hi i was in a relationship with a guy from different religion .. we stayed together and now he wants to leave me because his parents got a match with benefits .. As a girl from a conservative family i am not able to accept it .. I want to know is there any legal way to make it correct ?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am in Arkansas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No .. I am not sure whether it's considered as a case or not will I be able to get justifice if I file a case ?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Because neither him nor his family is showing guilty
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. What do you mean by "make it correct"?

You want to sue your boyfriend for breaking up with you?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don't want to sue him .. I want to marry him .. He promised me that he will get his parents consent .. That's the reason I allowed him to enter in my personal space .. he tried to talk to his parents but they are not accepting .. So he is backing out and ready to leave me ..

Thank you
That is not possible...at least not from a legal standpoint. There is no legal theory you could use to force him to marry you.

This is the part of my job I don't like...when the law is not in favor of my customer. I wish I could tell you that you can force him to marry you but I can only provide you information based on the law so that you can act on the best available information to you...I wish I had better news, but can only hope you recognize and understand my predicament and don't shoot the messenger. I'm sorry!

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
If I can't marry him by going thru legal process is there a way to sue him ?

There is not...there is not any way to use the legal system to force another to marry a particular person.

Again, I am sorry to be the one to bear bad news.

And there is no way to sue someone for not marrying you.

Hi
Experts on this site (myself) are compensated ONLY if the customer (yourself) "rate" or "accept" the answer.

Please rate the answer so I may receive credit
Thanks for your understanding
Phil