Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

My husband and his family are involved in a real estate

Customer Question

Hi, my husband and his family are involved in a real estate transaction of a property that was put in all eight names prior to Mothers death. Everyone signed an offer to purchase, everyone wants to sell the property. One member took his time and resources to improve the property from $30,000 value to the OTP price of $82,000. He wants to pay off the property lien and since he did all the repairs have everyone sign their share over to him prior to closing. Most are ok to due so, two are not. Most say find we are ok with the two getting their eighth share, the one who did the repairs is not. We are at a standstill and closing is set for 9 days from now. My question is if things are not resolved how does my husband protect us from repercussions?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Wisconsin
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: What do you mean filed or reported? There has not been a breach of contract as of yet.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Expert:  Barrister replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Are you saying that A, who did the upgrades on the property got everyone else to sign their 1/8 share over to him but B and C are refusing to do so and want their 1/8 each of what the property sells for?

.

Is there some reason why A feels that he should get the entire property despite the fact that mother left it to 8 people?

.

Is A refusing to move forward with the sale unless he gets all the money from it?

.

.

thanks