LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

If sign a contract and before I get, its outside of the

if sign a contract and before I get, its outside of the grace period, I fall and hurt myself and I become physically unable to complete the contract terms, I am I still held to the terms of the contract? Its for a resort share.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location. Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: CA but signed in LA, I am not sure.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I called and talked to homeowner services and said they would get back to me.

Good morning. Can you share with me a little more about the situation and how the injury effects your ability to perform?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am a 76 old male, I would have to fly/drive to resorts, walk through airports, and this is where the problems lay.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am still waiting

Thank you. From a legal standpoint, it is not a basis to simply back out and cancel the contract. However, what you shared and what you are going through IS a mitigating factor for the resort to consider. I say this because it is common for a resort to sometimes let an owner out of their interest, if they can demonstrate a hardship. In this case, you have a health hardship and if you can share and convince them of the same, they may agree to release you and take the interest back. The injury is something outside of their control nor anything that they had to do with, so it is not something that can be used to force them to let you out. However, you can appeal to them and they may consider it.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!