Maverick, Attorney
Experience:  20 years experience as a civil trial and appellate lawyer

Am an adult care home operator for the elderly in the

Customer Question

Am an adult care home operator for the elderly in the multnomah county for 13 years.
The Licensing office has denied my renewal license of the care home am currently operating and i believe am being unfairly judge by this office. Who can i go to for legal advice.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is***** give me a few minutes to review, analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

Expert:  Maverick replied 1 month ago.

Did you already do this?

§ 25.261 Appeal To The Board. Any interested person may appeal the action of the director on a rule after a public hearing on the matter. Any member of the Board may also request review of the action. Appeal must be made in writing and filed with the director within ten days of filing of the notice of action with the clerk of the Board. Board commissioners must request review within the same time. (‘ 90 Code, § 8.91.215, 07/01/1998; Ord. 860, passed, 07/11/1996)

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
They have denied the renewal of my adult care home license due to multiple violations. These violations did not just occured in one home, I was operating several homes and if you have to look at history and the lenght of time i have operated care homes.
I requested an administrative conference to no avail. I told them that i am in the process of leasing out and have already lease out couple of care homes and the goal is to just have one care home to operate.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I received their final determination through certified mail today and i emailed them back that i wanted to do an appeal for independent hearing with the city of Portland
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 month ago.

This link will help you find the type of lawyer you need.

Please Note: (1) Just Answer’s site disclaimers apply to all levels of service; (2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) If we are done, please assign a feedback rating so Just Answer will compensate me for your question. Thank you for using Just Answer.