Maverick
Maverick, Attorney
Experience:  20 years experience as a civil trial and appellate lawyer
16823287

What if I use any another Brand RN number by mistake even

Customer Question

What if I use any another Brand RN number by mistake even though I have Another Brand Name, Does company can take any lag action?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Didn't get the reply yet
Expert:  Maverick replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is***** give me a few minutes to review, analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

Expert:  Maverick replied 2 months ago.

*Can you please give us more background information so we can better assist you?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I recently come up with my own brand but by mistake we have use RN number of another company so i need to ask that can they take any legal action and what can i do?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Expert:  Maverick replied 2 months ago.

Here is the law that applies.

More to come....

Expert:  Maverick replied 2 months ago.

See this law as well:

(c) Registered identification numbers shall be used only by the person or firm to whom they are issued, and such numbers are not transferable or assignable. Registered identification numbers shall be subject to cancellation whenever any such number was procured or has been used improperly or contrary to the requirements of the Acts administered by the Federal Trade Commission, and regulations in this part, or when otherwise deemed necessary in the public interest.

So you may be sued by the owner of the RN for unfair competition. At this point there is not much you can do other than to stop using their number and play the wait and see game to see if they ever find out.

Please Note: (1) Just Answer’s site disclaimers apply to all levels of service; (2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) If we are done, please assign a feedback rating so Just Answer will compensate me for your question. Thank you for using Just Answer.