Maverick, Attorney
Experience:  20 years experience as a civil trial and appellate lawyer

I have a big problem with my house foundation, I submit a

Customer Question

I have a big problem with my house foundation, I submit a claim to my insurance company and it was rejected. The claim representative told me the insurance does not covered deterioration and I do not see that in the insurance policy. There is something that can I do?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Chicago Illinois
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I think that all
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My e mail is***@******.***
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Are you going to call?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What is the service offer?
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is***** give me a few minutes to review, analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

Expert:  Maverick replied 1 month ago.

Depending on how the damage comes about (i.e tornadoes, plumbing back up, fire, explosion, etc.) there are several instances when a homeowners insurance policy could cover your foundation repairs.

Most homeowners policies don't cover flooding or earthquakes unless you have a rider for that specifically. They also usually do not cover general wear and tear due to the passage of time and shifting dirt or rock.

I am not sure what your exact situation is but the terms of your policy should answer these issues.

Please Note: (1) Just Answer’s site disclaimers apply to all levels of service; (2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) If we are done, please assign a feedback rating so Just Answer will compensate me for your question. Thank you for using Just Answer.