Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

I have formed an LLC fro myself in order to enter into a

Customer Question

I have formed an LLC fro myself in order to enter into a contract with a financial business machine service. This company normally wants a two year contract with a buy out clause that if you wish to end the lease prior to the end of the 2 year period, you must pay 50% of the cost of the remaining months. I will not be getting any income from the LLC or using it for any other reason than to be the service recipient from this service provider. My business has been becoming more and more automated which makes me worry if this will be worth the cost. If I were to terminate the lease before 2 years and simply dissolve my LLC (or declare it bankrupt ?) a) Could I still be personally liable b) Would declaring the LLC bankrupt affect my personal credit rating ?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Hi Michael. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

Can you provide me a bit more information? Is the company requiring you to sign a personal guarantee of the contract or will they allow only the LLC to sign? Thanks.