Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992

If an individual in a state run nursing home is "assigned" a

Customer Question

If an individual in a state run nursing home is "assigned" a power of attorney by the "court house", is this information public record?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: wisconsin
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: a notice of application for issue of tax deed
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: the issue is regarding a home that will be going into possible foreclosure and I am interested in purchasing it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 month ago.

I'm a little confused because Powers of Attorney are only granted by the person, they aren't "assigned" by a court. A court can assign an Attorney ad Litem or a Guardian ad Litem but not really a Power of Attorney.

Who told you that a Power of Attorney had been assigned a Power of Attorney?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
a sibling and a neighbor. the sibling is living in the house and has received a 3rd eviction notice. the property owner is in the nursing home.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is the assigned Attorny ad Litem or Guardian ad Litem something that is public record?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Do I contact the local clerk of courts for this information?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 month ago.

My guess is that they are getting the terms confused. The assignment of anyone, in this case almost certainly an ad litem, it will be public record.

You can try the clerk of courts but many times they won't look it up for you, they will require you to come up there and look through the files.

Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered. In addition, once you issue your Positive Rating the question will lock open and no longer time out so you can come back to it anytime in the future if you think of any follow ups.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you. I just wanted to know where to start.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 month ago.

You're very welcome. That would be the place and then the file will probably be in the person's name.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 month ago.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work.