Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I have a complaint that was issued to my father. I am his

Customer Question

Hello, I have a complaint that was issued to my father. I am his guardian because he is incompetent, which as has been a very stressful situation all around. He has a property in miami dade florida and this is rented to a ten tent which is a cafeteria. She was sued by a handicap person saying the bathroom in the establishment is not up to ada code. This property is over 50 yrs old. They are trying to settle for 6500. I want to fight this I think it is too much and I do not have the money. Also the tentant is saying she does not have the money. Who is responsible and what should I do, and also I was searching this type of situation and want to know if this is not a scam by a lawyer targeting small businesses for money. HELP!
Expert:  Barrister replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Was this a cafeteria when father rented to the tenant?

.

Or did they turn it into a cafeteria?

.

Is this actually in court already or are they just threatening to sue?

.

Or have they filed suit but it hasn't been in front of a judge yet?

.

.

thanks