Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

I have been seeing pain management for 10 years, in Tx and

Customer Question

I have been seeing pain management for 10 years, in Tx and now in Mooresville, NC. I recieved a phone call to come in the following day for drug count and utinalysis. At the time I was with my mother at oncologists office for melanoma that returned. I didn't get message til next day and actually forgot all about it due to taking her to multiple sppointments.
Yesterday I recieved a letter stating I was being terminated for failure to show and violation of contract.I take a urinalysis test every time I go and no problems. I don't know what to do because doctor will not give me meds and I'm told I'll now be black balled and no pain management will see me.
Is it ethical to hold medicine knowing I need it and will another pain mgmt doctor see me now that I've suddenly been trrminated? Any referrals you maynhsvr, I have Tricare insursnvr
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unfortunately the pain management doctors can cut off a patient for not abiding by he pain management contract. You do have a mitigating reason for missing, but you will need a letter from your moms doctors explaining you were with her and you will need to ask your pain doctor for another chance. He legally does not have to give it to you and can make you go elsewhere though so you have to impress upon him you have never missed or failed any test before and this was missed for reasons beyond your control, but legally that is your only real option
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks very much for your response. However, I knew that I was in violation if the initial contract. I thought this service was going to refer me to other pain management resources. Please do not sign me up for the monthly service as I don't need it. Your response was timely and accurate, it's just that I didn't expect to pay 48.00 for information I already knew. As I said before I thouhh this was a referral agency as well as advice giving.
Thank you for your reply.
Please reread the terms of service that were provided to customers before they post their questions that explain we provide information, we do not provide referrals. Furthermore, nowhere until your last post did you ask for a referral nor did you tell us you knew anything about your situation, you asked specific questions which were answered. We wish you all of the best.