Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of experience
77476456

I want to know if I can sue the estate of the gentleman who

Customer Question

I want to know if I can sue the estate of the gentleman who used my identity to insure his trucking company?
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me as I verify somethings for you. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience

Thank you for your patience and thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

Yes. You can, within the applicable statute of limitations bring an action against the estate of a person that you had an action against during their life.

The rules will differ slightly from state to state in regard to the procedure. This article discussed the process generally:

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/free-books/small-claims-book/chapter8-10.html

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but it helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald