Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.
18215332

Over 22 years ago I give My ex husband $ 25,000.00 at 15%.

Customer Question

Over 22 years ago I give My ex husband $ 25,000.00 at 15%. He agree to pay me only the interest until he had the full amount. He has given me $ 300.00 every month. I had signed paper from him but I lost them. Every body in the family knew of this arrangement Because I had to break 75,00.00 I had invested has an income. My ex is 80 years old and the woman he live with told him he will not pay me any more because she need the money for her self.( She has his power of attorney, and she told me what she say go,) I am 73 and that $300.00 are very important to me for my living, all I have is my SS check. My ex is a retire officer in the US Army. My children tell me to sue him. Is this possible? Do I stand a chanced? Should I see a lawyer? Please excuse my bed writing; I am Italian Thank you.
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 2 months ago.

Yes, you do stand a chance, even though your interest figure of $300 per month was too low by $12.50 per month. The question is, can you find a lawyer to handle the claim for a percentage of the recovery? I think if you do, your ex-husband and his POA are going to find it is better to settle with you and your attorney then to try to win the case in court.

If you have a follow up question, please send me a Reply for further information. If not, please rate my Answer so that I can close out the question. There is no additional charge to you for rating me. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated. Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.