Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I need an attorney, as I believe I'm being forced to fill

Customer Question

I need an attorney, as I believe I'm being forced to fill prescriptions at a pharmacy not of my own choosing by the medical practice that's supposed to be caring for me.
This practice has adopted a policy of sending patients' prescriptions for pain medication directly to a pharmacy/drug distribution center at which they either have a vested interest or some other sort of arrangement then, the pharmacy is supposed to till the script & have it delivered to the patient. So, the patient has no opportunity to speak with a pharmacist, shop for the best price or even leave their home while awaiting the delivery of their medications, as the medication must be signed for in person by the patient or a representative, if they're under 18 yrs of age. My meds had been 6 days late arriving for the past two months, not filled correctly & cost almost twice what my regular pharmacist charges.
This is just an outline of what's occurring and not all of the details, as there may be additional issues regarding the incorrect medication sent to me & my doctor's office refusing to correct the mistake. Especially since the medication I have no alternative but to take right now has an ingredient that harms my liver (noted in my medical records) & I'm not supposed to take it, as it endangers my health.
I need the advice of a atty as to the legality of this pharmacy issue & the medication issue, as I wish to immediately hire an atty & pursue legal action, if it's warranted.
The situation is unacceptable, it's ruining my quality of life & endangering my health, as well as costing me income & preventing me from doing my job.
I would appreciate any help with this matter.
Thank you,
Julia McDonald-Carberry
Expert:  Attorney2 replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. I will be the Attorney that will be assisting you.

Each State and the FDA regulate the registration and dispensing of medications. This sounds like a situation that is causing you to be without medication when needed. Are you dealing with a particular pharmacy?

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am a DIFFERENT CONTRIBUTOR, as your previous contributor has left.
Did you still have information you would like us to provide, if so please tell us your specific question?