N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Experience:  since 1983
9653905

I'm from Wisconsin my parking break was disengaged on a, I

Customer Question

I'm from Wisconsin my parking break was disengaged on a hill, I came out to find my car backed into another car, this car mysteriously had a dent to the steering wheel and door couldn't open while my car only had a scratch, the police were called and the Officer determined No Fault Parking lot Accident. Does her insurance pay for hew own car or am I Stuck for her fees? Are there any statutes on the books that can help me?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
She called my Insurance and I don't know what she told them, they never asked my side of the story, they told her to go get an estimate and assumed all fault to be mine.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The police officer never even went so far as to file a report. she waited 34 days to contact my insurance company.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I hope it wasn't so that the officer wouldn't recollect the incident.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My insurance is USAA, generally a company that stands by the insured. I have full coverage, it's the principle of the matter, My car in no way shape or form caused damage to her 15 year old car that wasn't already there.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

If the Police declared that it was "No Fault Parking Lot Accident," then each party must look to his/her insurance company for redress.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
For redress, meaning that each party's insurance must cover own vehicle demage, and can not reach out to other party's insurance for repair? Can you give statute so I can talk to my insurance company.
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 2 months ago.

New Expert here.

I am sorry to hear this.

How old is your vehicle?

Did anyone ever work on the parking brake?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The car is a 2011 bought certified preowned still under warranty taken in for check-ups every 3000 miles, these were oil changes. Never before has my parking brake light shown signs of failure, however my brake light does not show signs of failure but there is a noticiable sound coming from brakes. Upon describing issue to mechanic he says it sounds like a brake caliper issue, wich could explain why my parking brake became disengaged. My calipers on my vehicle, a Ford Fusion 2011 bought certified pre-owned, still under warranty covers. I am having car serviced under warranty not insurance this Friday to repair calipers. I am unaware of previous break work done. Vehichle was bought with 30,000 miles now has 65,000 miles. Again I was parked on a gradual incline if I failed to engage the parking brake I wouldn't have been able to get out of my car. This incline was approximately 5-10 degrees. My car was in neutral This ladies door dented to steering wheel, No way in God's green Earth that a my car would have created that much velocity or enertia just by rolling, there was a car parked next to hers but mine conveniently missed that. I was parked 30 feet across two spaces over from her vehicle. Thank you for your patience.

When you reported this to your insurer, what did the insurer say?