Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

My parents have will me their house, how do I go about

Customer Question

My parents have will me their house, how do I go about changing the Title ?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Dallas Tx.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No. I just have a Note more or less with the address and their signature. My mother just passed away and My father wants me to change into my name.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 month ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

You are going to have to open up probate and probate the will. Who is the executor/personal representative listed in the will?