Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience

What kind of attorney do I need I had about $800,000 in

Customer Question

What kind of attorney do I need
I had about $800,000 in merchandise that I stored in a warehouse, that I rented space in. I had been renting there for 4 - 5 years. The landlord had taken ill and left the state to seek treatment in his home state. He was gone for about 10 months. We heard nothing from him during his abscense. upon his arrival he demanded payment in full for the amount he was claiming. He locked us out of the warehouse until we paid him this money. Propr to him leavin we had some issues, The main roll up door to the warehoue was broken and did not roll up. This caused us not to be able to ship product out, it was months before he finally got it fixed. We lost a considerable amount of money from lost sales. It basically shut us down. 2ndly when he left to go out of town he had a door that we used to eun a cord throuh so we could chrge our fork lifts, shut and locked. we had no way to charge our fork lifts which we needed to ship out our product. We tried to reach him but got no return call.This was the icing on the cake. It ruined our business. We paid all but $4000 of the money he wanted upon his return. He agreed to allow us to bring in customers for product we had in the warehouse and je would receive the money to go toward the $4000. Then once we tried to arrange a mutual time he decided to back out of the agreement. Without the sales we had no money to pay him. We were nevernotified of his intent to sell off our inventory but he did liquidate everything and never gave us 1 penny back over the 4,000 he claimed was the balance due. Again he had inventory worth about $800,000 so there was a huge sum due back to us. What do we do to get back the money he owes us.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 month ago.

At this point, you need to hire an attorney experienced in civil litigation especially with landlord/tenant law and make a demand. He probably will not comply so filing a lawsuit would be appropriate.. Many attorneys would take this type of case on contingency with the amount being so high.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.