Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Question on rights for partners that have been together for

Customer Question

Question on rights for partners that have been together for 16 years and one has past away. They were not married however both have contributed to the property and home they have lived on for the past 16 years. No will left and the deceased family members r telling my friend he has to move. Does he have no rights
Expert:  Barrister replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Is the deceased listed on the deed to the property as the only owner?

.

Or is the friend listed on it as half owner?

.

Did they every agree to consider themselves married and hold themselves out to others as spouses?

.

Has anyone filed a probate case for the deceased and been named Administrator of their estate?

.

.

thanks