Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

I filed a contempt of court for my ex to sell our house and

Customer Question

i filed a contempt of court for my ex to sell our house and give the money tol our children. Ex sends letter to children already typed out that they are giving up all right to the house and all money involved and gets them to notorize . He also get the so called buyer to notorize a statement saying that he paid my ex 77,000 in cash to him and now mr vasquez will buy his home back for 16,000 dollars in pmts .??how can this be? I am also an owner and i was not aware of his doings now he is sueing me for not agreeing .
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: texas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I won my case and the judge signed the contempt of court, but it clearly states that he must put the house on the market and that he must sell it at a price that is agreeable to me. 77,000 is only an apraisal not an asking price for my property.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes how can a buyer assume that he is buying a house without the other owners signature?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  legalgems replied 1 month ago.

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Expert:  legalgems replied 1 month ago.

Can you please tell me if the children are minors? Was the buyer of the home aware of the court order (ie friend/relative)?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No they are over 18 and 2 of them live in boston Ma.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the notorized letters have texas on them and they have been crossed out and wrote in massachusetts
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
How can he be a buyer if i had no knowledge of this transaction
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello? is anyone here?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Im not sure if i am going to get a response and i do not wish to be charges for something that i have received. I will contact customer service and get this resolved.
Expert:  legalgems replied 1 month ago.

Hello; it appeared that you had signed off last night and as you were my last customer I signed off after waiting 10 minutes to ensure you didn't respond to my follow up; if you would still like assistance please let me know and I will do my best to get you the information you need! If I am not online I will respond to your query as soon as I return.