Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

Can I sue the Federal Goverment for thief of personal

Customer Question

Can I sue the Federal Goverment for thief of personal property, that took place over in and about 1985. The Federal Gov. Sold apartment building that I own, even thought one dept.
said that it appears that I did not owe any taxes, and the other section went on and sold my property stating that the Federal Goverment various Dept. operate separate from one or another. As a result I had to get a layer to get the money, from the govement that sold my apartment. The Federal Govement found one day after the redemption period of 6 months, that no taxes was due. As a result I lost the apartment build that sold for over
2 million dollars in 1916.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 month ago.

I just want to be sure of the dates and a couple of facts. The government took your property in 1985?

When did you learn they had taken it?