Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

If I fire an attorney for lack and bad advise that has

Customer Question

If I fire an attorney for lack of follow up and bad advise that has affected the case, is she due any money if I get a settlement at a later date?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Susan Scott replied 1 month ago.

It depends upon the type of case. If it is a Social Security Disability case, then the attorney may file a Fee Petition to obtain a fee for the work done on the case. This is an hourly rate based upon the hours of any kind of work done on the case. It must be approved by the Social Security Administration. Other areas of law may have similar options for attorneys. I would call your State Bar and get specifics.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It was an auto accident case. She went after my insurance company and refused to go after the driver of the vehicle personally. Now my insurance is not covering all my expenses.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is small claims court the apopriate way to move forward or hire an attorney to file suit against the company and driver?