LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.

Several days ago, I got an email to appear in court in a

Customer Question

Several days ago, I got an email to appear in court in a nearby county. I deleted it because I know it is a scam or phising e-mail. If they want you to appear in court it is always by certified mail. Am I right?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 month ago.

Good afternoon. Yes, it was likely a scam. If you were required to appear, you would receive notice through the court or personally served. The clerk of court would not simply send an email to you, advising you need to appear. If you wanted to double check, you could also search your name through the clerk of courts website to see if anything appears or call the clerk directly, to confirm.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!