Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

My wife just passed away. she left everything to me. most of

Customer Question

my wife just passed away. she left everything to me. most of our assets were joint but she had 2 stocks in her name, what should be my next step
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: georgia
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: her death certificate has been filed and ss notified
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 2 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Did your wife have a will?