Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Aloha everyone. I have a question concerning a false police

Customer Question

Aloha everyone. I have a question concerning a false police report filed against my vehicle. A woman falsely accused me of hitting her car. I'm pretty sure, she's just looking for a payday. The police never contacted me, the only reason why I know about it is because I went to the DMV to get a copy of my registration and there's a stopper put on it because of this bogus police report the paper said "report to Honolulu Pd traffic investigation section". It was filed back in June. I don't trust the police so I don't want to go talk to them without legal representation, even though I didn't do anything wrong. What usually happens in these situations? Do they issue warrants? It's been months, is the police report just sitting on some officers desk collecting dust. I've never been through this before. I'm nervous. Even though I didn't do anything, like I said I don't trust the police.
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 8 months ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Do you have a legal question that I can answer for you about the situation you have described in your post?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
my question is what usually happens when there is a pending police report? Could there be a warrant out for me? These allegations are false, but as I mentioned I'm scared to talk to the police.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Also, what could happen if I don't address the situation at all?

Thank you for your follow up.

Do you still live at the address where your car is registered?

What does police report state?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I do not still live at the address where my car is registered and I live in Hawaii. As far as I know the only action that has been taken against me; is that a stopper has been put on my registration

Thank you for your follow up.

Why didn't you change the address on the registration with DMV as required by law?

Did you change the address on your driver license to your current address?

Did you check to see if your driver license was valid?

What does police report state?