Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney

Is there any presidence to sue a credit union for Failure to

Customer Question

Is there any presidence to sue a credit union for Failure to meet closing date on a refincal VA home loan.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Did the Credit Union provide you with any type of written assurance / guarantee that the loan would close on September 1?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Several e-mails to that effect.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I spoke with everyone from the loan office supervisors to the loan officer and e-mail and keep all corspondence regarding the loan and date of closure.

Unfortunately, email exchange would not be considered legally binding written agreement, since they are not signed by both parties or intended as a legally binding documents also any verbal assurances would not be legally binding, so unless there is a written document that expressly states that the Credit Union guarantees to close the loan by a certain day and the document is signed by the CU employee or officer, I am afraid there would generally not be any legal recourse under similar circumstances.

I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.

I wish you the best of luck and God bless you!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I also have the agreement contact. Sign by my self and the loan officer.

Thank you for your follow up.

Is it stated anywhere in the Agreement Contract that CU guarantees a specific closing date (Lenders never give any guarantees, because they often run into all type of delays)?

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.