Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

I was hired by a voter registration drive in California to

Customer Question

Hello, I was hired by a voter registration drive in California to go out an register people to vote by having them fill official voter registration forums and then returning them to my boss. I was hired by a company called Method Campaign services. After researching the company I found out that they are a campaign consulting LLC that is hired by politicians, corporations, ect to use voter registration data in order to target areas for different canvas type operations. Is it legal for them to copy certain information from these ballots in order to use it to quantify data?
JA: Can you tell me what state the LLC is registered in?
Customer: Am I able to send you documents through this chat?
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No, is has not.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Looking up the origin of the LLC give me 1 second
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
They have us working under the assumption that we were hired by Method Campaign Services yet I never signed anything that indicated that, just a w4 and a payroll forum.
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 2 months ago.

This type of data collection is legal. Voter registration info is generally not considered private. You can actually track the data per city/county when and how often a voter votes, but not who they vote for which is confidential.