Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

My daughter and I are being sued for an accident that

Customer Question

Hi there, my name is ***** ***** My daughter and I are being sued for an accident that happened in 2014 in my soon to be ex-husbands car. Actually it states my daughter was driving. My daughter has never driven her dads car nor has ever been to the town where apparently accident happened. The private process has a picture of the driver and I have identified her but now I have no idea what to do or go from here.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Texas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Only thing I have is the Citation with case number ***** according to paperwork, I have 50 days to answer question in the back of Citation that is about 22 pages long.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that I can think of at this time
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

Why are you and your daughter being sued instead of your soon-to-be ex-husband, the registered owner of the car?

Didn't he have insurance for the car?

Kindly explain a little more.

Thank you for your cooperation,