David Stewart
David Stewart, Attorney
Experience:  Highly experienced attorney Commercial Law, Litigation, Intellectual Property Law, and Family Law
95745447

I try HHgregg on Sat. 9/5 and found a washer and dryer for

Customer Question

I try HHgregg on Sat. 9/5 and found a washer and dryer for 499.99 each along with a dish washer for 299.99....Total with tax 556.38. I have it delivered on Friday last week.... to my surprise the wall where I had in mind to place the items did not allow for me to put the washer and dryer side by side as once in place the dish washer when placed under the counter on the same wall could not be opened for lack of space.... Due to the face that the utilities for the washer drain and hot and cold water along with the elect outlet for the dryer were on that wall and no other space in the kitchen would work.... I spent part of my day on Sat. with the sales man Steve telling him of the situation and looked for an alternative....I found a stackable wash & Dry for $1050. but wasn't sure about the greater price and fit... measured it out and it would work. I spent Sun inquiring one, if they had a military discount...the do but because of the large discount on my items it did not apply....the return policy require me to pay at 79.99 fee. Yesterday I went back to the store and spoke with Steve again the told me that there was a Veterans Discount and it would be available for the new equipment I selected. I also ask him about the restock fee would not be charged that is 15% of the purchase price. The sale was over yesterday so I decided to get the washer and dryer that could be stacked kept the dishwasher and prepared to pay for the bill....When I got to the register the new Sales man took over to totaling the bill it came to $556.38 before that I asked the new sales person if the Veterans Discount would apply....he said we do have a Veterans discount as I had ask Steve the same question he said the discount would apply..... The new sales person was Ed....while he was working on the billing for the new purchase the new cashier came into the complete the bill I did ask him about the MD with no response but he was not correct and so I totaled the difference with my old receipt and corrected him....with that I gave him my credit card paid the $556.38 and ordered the deliver for today. Will show up btw Noon and 3:30....When I got home I realized that the MD was not deducted from the bill...called back and turns out the person that took over for Ed was the Store Manager...when I told him of the lack of Discount the said it did not apply. And he gave me enough of a break with not charging the restock fee.... when arguing my case the left me by saying that if I let him go he would process the Mil Discount....that was yesterday at 4:30...on my Amx card is the new charges and no Mil Discount. This AM still no discount on Amx.....!! Thx Richard
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in? After your first paid question, we offer a week's free trial membership when you can ask as many questions as you like. Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not yet..
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The night before and the sale was still on at Home Depot the product was available for $998.00 I didn't think about cancelling then because they were going to give me the Mil Disc. I don't think that going to happen...!!
Expert:  David Stewart replied 2 months ago.

Hello: my name is ***** ***** I will help you. Here is what I suggest you do:

1. Get out a notepad and write down everything you can remember about your conversations with the employees at HHgregg on your purchase, the price, discounts, and everything else associated with the situation. It is amazing how much you will forget after just a few days so do it now as you may need the notes later.

2. Call and demand the discount be placed on your card by the end of business today and inform them you will proceed with a small claims action if they do not comply.

3. If the discount is not applied go to your county courthouse and file a small claims case and serve it on HHgregg demanding not only your discount but any costs you are out filing the small claims case.

4. Serve the small claims case by certified mail to HHgregg. The day that gets served they most likely will contact you and resolve your issue in full and pay you the costs you are demanding.

5. If they do not settle with you, take your notes and go to the court hearing and explain your story to the Judge. You will win this case a large percentage of the time simply becasue HHgregg does not show up. If they do, however, you tell the Judge exactly what you have posted and collect your money.

I hope this helps you! The bot***** *****ne is you have much more power than you know with small claims actions and threats thereof because of the cost it poses to HHgregg just to hire counsel to defend it. All the best, David

In follow up on this please let me know if this answers your questions. I am also going to offer you a call if you think it would assist you to talk through the situation. In more detail. Thanks, David