Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer
26798026

I got operating unsafe combination of vehicles commercial

Customer Question

I got operating unsafe combination of vehicles commercial motor vehicle.m y attorney gave me and the company 2 different options from the prosecutor..now she found a case from 2010 from another trucking company..why would I have to go to trial instead of her asking the prosecutor
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear about your dilemma.

It sounds like your lawyer is saying she found a case which shows that the law is not on your side, and that one of the defenses you wanted to use wasn't available for this type of case. Or if you were trying to get some sort of deferred prosecution, maybe the judge in that case refused to allow it. Or it's possible that the prosecutor revoked the original offer. Offers sometimes expire if they haven't been accepted. Alternatively, maybe your lawyer found a great case that shows you're in the right legally, so you can probably win if you go to trial. Prosecutors don't always dismiss a case just because the other side has a great defense. Maybe she already knows the prosecutor won't dismiss your charges, even after showing the case. That's all a possibility.

But, really, the best way to know what your lawyer is thinking is to ask them. Put it in email and list specific questions if that makes it easier to get a response. Your lawyer has all the facts of your arrest and has read the case in question, so they should be able to explain how that case affects your case and why they're not still trying to negotiate a deal so you don't have to go to trial.

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.

Do you have any other questions about this?