P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs. of trial experience
11181181

A default judgment was issued against me in 2009. I don't

Customer Question

A default judgment was issued against me in 2009. I don't remember being served and have not seen any proof of the debt incurred. Can I get a review of the debt said to be incurred?
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 4 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. What do you mean by

Can I get a review of the debt said to be incurred?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I never have seen the debt that I am supposed to be paying
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
when I contacted the law firm they told me that they didn't have to show me since they had a default judgment against me

Thank you
I agree with the law firm. From a legal standpoint, if they have a judgment? They have no obligation to share anything with you at all.

So you can ask them for information...but there is no way to force them to provide you information.

This is the part of my job I don't like...when the law is not in favor of my customer. I wish I could tell you that you can force them to provide you information on the debt, but I can only provide you information based on the law so that you can act on the best available information to you...I wish I had better news, but can only hope you recognize and understand my predicament and don't shoot the messenger. I'm sorry!

Now...you mention you never received notice. if they did not serve you process (serve you notice of the hearing) that would be a basis to have the judgement vacated (tossed out). Consider hiring a lawyer to file this request with the court.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Hi
Experts on this site (myself) are compensated ONLY if the customer (yourself) "rate" or "accept" the answer.

Please rate the answer so I may receive credit
Thanks for your understanding
Phil