Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I owed First Credit Union 4700 on a line of credit that I

Customer Question

I owed First Credit Union 4700 on a line of credit that I was not able to pay back at the time. First Credit Union sent it to collection (The Best Service Inc) and placed a charge off on my credit. I contacted First Credit Union because I wanted to make payment arrangements: I was told "i would have to contact the collection agency because it was given to them". I was served by (The Best Service Inc/Collection) Summons being sued. I have not filed a answer yet. But I contact the company (very rude!) I asked to set up payment plan. I was told by this rude guy "I will have to pay 7000". 2500 more than I owe. I don't think that is right. What should I do? I'm in California
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** *****

Thank you for your question.

I will be happy to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I am not permitted to tell JustAnswer.com what to do in their specific situation or list all of the legal rights that might potential apply in any specific situation, as such legal advice can only be provided by your local attorney, upon review of your entire case.

I can however, provide you with a general answer, if you have a legal question for me?

Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no thank you.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok you don't have to tell me my legal right or what I should do. What would you do if you where in my situation??
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. Different expert here, it appears that Alex opted out. This is Dwayne B. and I’m looking forward to helping you today.

Sp, just to be clear, you have been served with a copy of the lawsuit already? If so, when was this done and have you filed an answer?

I may only be online got just a little while longer but if we miss each other this evening I will pick up and continue tomorrow morning.