TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

I live in VA I got a uses car my 30 day tag is fixing to run

Customer Question

I live in VA I got a uses car my 30 day tag is fixing to run out the car got has inspection sticker Thu 7/2017 in VA emergency brake has to work to pass inspection . Just one of the problem I have with car. Can u help me
Expert:  Ely replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please tell me:

1) Did you purchase it used, or new?

2) What year is the model?

3) What is the mileage?

4) What is your question?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ely replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your reply; one second please...
Expert:  Ely replied 2 months ago.
Hello again,
Did you still need help? If so, please reply and let me know:
1) Did you purchase it used, or new?
2) What year is the model?
3) What is the mileage?
4) What is your question?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
1.used 2. 2005 3.68081 4.doze it fall in four a lemon law in Va
Expert:  Ely replied 2 months ago.
My apologies for the wait. Originally, there was a miscommunication it seems. I then followed up but you replied once I was already offline. I am currently still away from the site and do not wish to make you wait longer. I will opt out and open this up for other experts.
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is TJ. The other attorney has opted out, so I will try to help.

Unfortunately, the lemon law does not apply to used vehicles in Virginia (only new vehicles). However, you may still have recourse against the seller depending on the facts. For example, was there any sort of misrepresentation about the vehicle's condition, or ability to pass inspection?

Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I didn't hear back from you, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need more help on this issue.

Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

.