Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.

Doing research to find out if developer who bought property

Customer Question

doing research to find out if developer who bought property next to ours can build second story addition and what are our legal options to opose that
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Chicago, IL
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not yet, he just approached us few days ago and told us of his plans
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: that is all
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 month ago.

You may be able to object to the plans, depending on the zoning, and any possible restrictions there may be in the plat of the area. You will have to look those up at the County zoning authority. If the neighborhood is zoned only for single-story residential structures, then the developer will have to apply for a zoning variance and you will have a good chance to oppose the developers plan.

I hope that you will enter a positive rating for my assistance here by clicking on 3, 4, or 5. There is no additional cost to you. Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.