Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I have a curious question. I'm debating this topic among

Customer Question

I have a curious question. I'm debating this topic among friends. They say the local police (in Massachusetts) serve restraining/harassment prevention orders. I say, it is not the local police but rather the Sheriff (civil service division) that serves these , and this is not the job of the local police. Am I right on this?
Expert:  Roger replied 9 months ago.

'Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Both have the authority to serve these documents. Who serves the documents often depends on whether the person lives in the city or in the county. If the person lives in the city, the police will generally do it; and if the person lives in the county, the sheriff's department usually handles it.

Expert:  Roger replied 9 months ago.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. Also, please take time to positively rate our conversation so I may receive credit for assistance. Thanks again!