LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 30 years of experience in the legal field.
15277592

My ex is retired and the primary caregiver for his 90 year

Customer Question

My ex is retired and the primary caregiver for his 90 year old mother who is an invalid. Several years ago I went the "SupportKids.com" to collect child support arrears. My ex was working at the time and could well afford to pay. SupportKids takes 34% of the 200.00 a month he sends which means I receive $130.00 every month. Now that he is retired and taking care of his mother I would like the remaining amount to be forgiven. I have never received any help from the State (Texas) so there is no issue there. How can I get this done?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

Good afternoon Marilyn,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Quite simply, because "SupportKids" is a private collection agency that you hired, if you want to forgive the remainder of the support arrears and the Texas Court/Attorneys General's office is not pushing enforcement, then you simply need to tell your collection company to cease collection attempts.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

Good afternoon,

It is possible that your questions and issues might be better served by an in-depth conversation with me. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance,

Doug