David Stewart
David Stewart, Attorney
Experience:  Highly experienced attorney Commercial Law, Litigation, Intellectual Property Law, and Family Law

I received a law suit against me regarding a car accident in

Customer Question

i received a law suit against me regarding a car accident in 02/14/2016 they gave me 20 days to present this case to the court
does the 20 days included holydays (date of lawsuit paper is Agust 30th 2016)
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  David Stewart replied 1 month ago.

Gozaly - really sorry you have received a lawsuit on your car accident. The 20 days is calculated from the date you were served with the lawsuit. The calculation should include Holidays and weekends. Please post with any follow up questions you may have and I would be happy to have a call with you to discuss your defense. Also, you can request an extension of time from the attorneys representing the other party and those are almost always given if requested before the time to respond has passed. I will offer a call in my next post. All the best, David

Also, to confirm clarification, the date your answer is due to be filed in court is going to be Sept 19th assuming you were served with the lawsuit on August 30th. The time is calculated from date you are served and not the date that the lawsuit was filed. Just wanted to make sure my response was clear. Thanks, David