How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Attorney2 Your Own Question
Attorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 6443
Experience:  29 Years In General Practice,
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Attorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I moved back with my mother in the housing projects in

Customer Question

I moved back with my mother in the housing projects in february because she has dementia advance. I had a legal problem and was detained at rikers island for three months. my sisters has power of attorney and has moved my mother out of the apartment to live with her. she is turning the apartment back over to Housing authority. I want to move my mother back in her Housing authority apartment remain her caretaker and have control over the apartment (rent, utilities etc) What type of legal options do i have or need to do?
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 8 months ago.

Hello Donald. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I'll be happy to answer your question - and apologize in advance b/c I don't have good news. If your sister has POA over your mother she's well within her legal right to give up your mom's apartment and have mom move in with her. Unless it's being done for some unethical or illegal reason there's really not that much about the decision to do this that can be challenged. Please let me know if you have any additional questions; I'd be happy to answer them. And, again, I'm sorry I couldn't give you good news.

Expert:  Attorney2 replied 8 months ago.

I am a different Attorney as the attorney that was working with you opted out. At this point your sister has the power of attorney for your to have more authority and decision making power over the well being of your mother you would want to have the court appoint you as her guardian. At that point your sister's POA becomes worthless. I can provide a link for attorneys in your area that provide FREE consultations. It is also possible for you to do this without an attorney.

This link sets out information on the process

General information

Expert:  Attorney2 replied 8 months ago.

Where are you located so I can find the legal aid and pro bono services nearest to you?

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter as it would be my pleasure to assist you.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my time and work I would appreciate it.

Thank you for using JA. We Appreciate your business.