Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

My wife signed on non-cancellable lease for merchant service

Customer Question

My wife signed on non-cancellable lease for merchant service machine, payment of $126 for 60 months. She found out that the company sold the agreement to other company later. the equipment is less than $500 retail and now she has to pay more that $7000. She paid about $3000 and refused to pay because the sales person did not fully explain and rushed her to sign on the contract. Now she us summoned to New York Court. Can you help?
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 2 months ago.

Good morning. I certainly understand your concern. So she is being sued for failing to pay? Prior to signing the contract, did she perform her due diligence and look/calculate what she will be paying for the term of the lease?