Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

How cane I get a mechanic lean put on a vehicle that I have

Customer Question

how cane I get a mechanic lean put on a vehicle that I have for over two years
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
A mechanic's lien is a "possessory lien" meaning you have a right to hold the vehicle for money due and as long as you do so you have a mechanic's lien. If you want to collect on the lien and get ownership of the vehicle, you need to file suit against the owner of the vehicle and you need to ask for payment due or court order granting you ownership of the vehicle in lieu of the payment due. Then the court would give you a court order if the owner cannot pay what is due.