Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I WOULD LIKE TO HIRE A MAID OR HOUSEKEEPER FROM MY COUNTRY

Customer Question

i WOULD LIKE TO HIRE A MAID OR HOUSEKEEPER FROM MY COUNTRY WHO KNOWS OUR LANGAUGE AND KNOWS HOW TO COOK OUR FOOD
What would i have to in that case
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Only if you have obtained citizenship here, you would need to apply for a H1b visa your worker, who cannot be a relative, and has to have been in domestic service for at least one year. So you are going to need to select an experienced domestic worker and you would need a local immigration attorney to seek to file for a work visa for the domestic worker to come to the US to work for you in domestic service. If you are here on a green card, you cannot bring over anyone on a work visa and you would need to have to contract with some private company that would have to hire the domestic worker for you and obtain their visa.