Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Okay about 4 months ago my dog went missing and I filled out

Customer Question

Okay about 4 months ago my dog went missing and I filled out a missing report on him at the sheriff department and ***** ***** the sheriff of Webster county said he would get on it but did nothing and I was riding down the road and seen my dog which has been stolen 2 times and by the grace of god I found him I pulled in the mans yard asked him where he got the got he told me a friend and I told him it was my dog and asked for him back showed him pic of him and the missing report he said I don't give a shit I have vet bills on him and that I wasn't getting my dog i told him i was leaving with my dog cops or no cops which the man I found out was ***** ***** family member the man had no idea who I was I know because I had never seen him before but he called Tim I had a warrant for a old fine so I was arrested not for trespassing old fines the cop asked where the dog was that he had to give it back and I was like it was stolen and he said it don't matter u trespassed to get him I said something about my report he said that if it is my dog I would get him back tomorrow I said he was stolen he said I did not know that I said how did the man know exactly who I was and where I lived if it wasn't stolen how did he know the cop didn't say anything and I asked in the case of stolen property it is returned to the owner which is my wife he said come tomorrow and they would let me know but they took my dog back to the mans house instead of to the police department so the matter could be resolved because it is a domestic despute they did not which is bullshit because I do not want him having my belongings Tim said I would have to take it to court but I know people he helped get there dog back and never went to court which I know Tim only did this because it was his kin but right is right he is abusing his power against me which is a lawsuit its self I went the next day to see if I could get my dog back and he said I would have to pay the vet bill which there is not one he said that so he could keep my dog but I filled out a report months before I found him the dispatcher which is my friend filled it out her self if im correct stolen propert is returned to right full owner i have a stack of pic for a puppy to grownand knows all about it and said she would go to court and help get him I need serious help they are using their power against me and I need advice how to get him back and if I got to take it to court or what is going to need to be done I wanna sue the department because they let him go back with the sheriff cousin which I had a stroke over they should have took him for both of us till we could prove who's dog it was but what makes me angry is that I had already filled a report on him and nothing was done on my end just because I took the law in my own hands and got him home I'm the bad guy and cause the man who has my dog is related to the sheriff he got his way for now I want them both in jail and I wanna sue the sheriff for not doing it by the book please help me
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 6 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?

Follow up...are you still looking for help? It is late here and wanted to see if you are looking for help this evening.