Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I have requested my SS begin in August. I was informed it

Customer Question

I have requested my SS begin in August. I was informed it would begin in September, by the second week, I should have my first deposit.
As of today, no deposit of my SS. My birthday is ***** 1st, and I was informed by a friend, I should have already received my first SS payment.
Suggestions?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You need to call SSA, generally the first payment can be a little delayed, but you need to call them as they are the only one that can tell you what the status is on your payment. The SSA people are usually fairly friendly and easy to work with and will help to find the payment if it was sent out.